DR. RIZWAN NASEER
Secretary, Emergency Services Department,
Government of the Punjab, Pakistan
Initiated the Emergency Services Reforms in Pakistan and established Rescue 1122 - an
integrated emergency services model for South Asia. Also established first modern Emergency
Ambulance, Fire & Rescue Services and Emergency Services Academy in Pakistan. Under his leadership
Pakistan Rescue Team became the first United Nations INSARAG Certified Team in South Asia.
Represented Pakistan internationally at the Red Cross General Assemblies, United Nations Humanitarian
Meetings and International Safe Communities Conferences. In recognition of his services, received
several awards, including the national Development Leadership Award and Sitara-i-Imtiaz conferred
upon him by the Government of Pakistan and Medal by the President of Turkey.
- The Secretary, Emergency Services Department, Government of Punjab.
- Rector, Emergency Services Academy, Pakistan.
- Commander, Pakistan Rescue Team (United Nations INSARAG Certified)
- The Secretary, Punjab Emergency Council.
- The Secretary General, Pakistan Red Cross/ Crescent.
- Representative of National Task Force on Revamping of Civil Defence and
Emergency Services for Interior Ministry of Pakistan.
- National Coordinator, Emergency Preparedness Program of World Health
Organization (WHO) and Health Ministry of Pakistan.
- UNDP Consultant on Emergency Services & Disaster Management.
- Chairman, Fire Safety Commission.
- President, Safe Communities, Pakistan.
- MBBS; MS; MBA; DPM & PhD Course on Safety Promotion.
- International Fellowships from Canada & USA.
- Over 22 research papers published in National & International Journals.
- National Report on Emergency Relief Services in Pakistan for UNDP & Interior Ministry of Pakistan.
- Author of books on First Aid, Emergency Care and Community Safety.
Copyrights © Punjab Emergency Service Department (Rescue 1122)